Thursday, October 14, 2010

Research Paper Free Write

I honestly don't have much time throughout my day to think about anything but the task at hand. I work from 8:30 to 5 Monday through Friday and I have class from 6:30 to 9 Monday through Thursday. The time between is just enough to drive home, eat, and leave for class. Friday's after work is my day to do as much homework as possible because Saturday is College Football day and Sunday is the one day of the week my wife and I get to actually spend time together. This time of year whenever I do get a free moment to think I am probably thinking about college football. At lunch at work there is normally a different conversation going on each day from movies to politics or just people complaining about work. I get involved in the conversations but will be looking up stats and researching the upcoming Saturday games. I try to plan my Saturday a few days in advance. I can honestly say that I become consumed by college football. I keep up with it in the off season but it is not all I do. I can see why my wife dreads this time of year but she puts up with it because she knows I like it and its only 1 day week for 3 months. I in the Winter months of college football off season I don't really do much because I don't like the cold. I stay inside and play video games from time to time but even then I'm playing the newest NCAA Football game or Tiger Woods Golf. In the Summer months I like to golf and try to do it as much as possible but the last couple years its been tough to find time. I'm an outdoors person and like to do anything that has to do with being or working outside. This is sometimes difficult to get to do because I married the most non-outdoors person ever. I grew up in a simple country life with cows, chickens, a garden, and an orchard. We were completely self contained and worked hard to keep it that way. My wife grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and someday dreams of living downtown. I go a little crazy living in the suburbs and I'm pretty sure I would living in downtown Chicago but I put up with it for her. I would love to move to 10 acres so I could raise animals and have an orchard. I don't want it to be what I do for my career but it would be nice to have that again. My wife keeps telling me I need to have a hobby, well I have hobbies I just can't do them living in an apartment in the suburbs of Chicago.

1 comment:

  1. Can you argue that either "city" life or "country" life is more healthy? Fulfiling? What happened to our "free" time? Do we have more now than people did a generation ago, or less?

    ReplyDelete