Saturday, October 16, 2010

Blog #2

My strengths in writing are that I am able to clearly make my points. I do not have trouble writing once I get started. Once I have the idea and have begun the paper the writing just seems to flow. My weakness in writing is coming up with what to write on. It can take me several days to get an actual direction of where I want my paper to go. Because of this the diagnostic essay was hard. I find it very difficult to just write spontaneously without any preparation at all. I do not enjoy writing mostly because I do not like doing research. Research annoys me and to do really good research it takes much longer than I am willing to put into it. I really struggle with just getting motivated to do research and when I do actually sit down to do it I do not spend much time on it. Fortunately my wife is really good about helping me get and stay motivated to just get it done. Once the research is done the rest of it takes minimal time. I do not think that there is anything that will ever make me enjoy research. I think it is one of those things that you either like to do or don’t like to do. It doesn’t seem like it’s something you just learn to love. I can honestly say that I’m not really bad at writing I just don’t like to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment